Association for Free Research and International Cooperation

Log in Join the community

US presence in Syria was a mistake from the start-Iran

23.12.2018
The People’s Republic of Iran has outrightly said that the presence of the US military in Syria had been “a mistake, illogical and a source of tension. “From the start, the entry and presence of American forces in the region has been a mistake, illogical and a source of tension, and a main cause of instability,” Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Bahram Qasemi said in a statement on Saturday. Tehran’s declaration follows President Trump’s planned pullout from the troubled Syria.

Washington has started what represents a withdrawal of US troops from the Middle East country President Trump on Wednesday noted that the USA had succeeded in their mission to conquer Islamic state and thus see no need of staying in Syria.

Donald Trump in a tweet on Thursday that “Russia, Iran, Syria& many others are not happy” about the planned U.S. pullout.

Iran under the leadership of President Hassan Rouhani remains a key loyalist and a supporter of the Administration of Bashar Al-Assad. Tehran has undoubtedly sent military “advisers” as well as military equipment and regional Shiâite militias to fight anti-government groups in Syria.

Tehran has always kicked against the presence of foreign troops in Syria, but not those from Russia and Iran.  It is worth noting that President Al-Assad solicited the presence of Iranian and Russian Forces to Syria. A 2011 political discontentment against the leadership of President Assad in Syria led to the outbreak of a civil war between the government of Assad and fighters. Since then, the Middle Eastern nation has been restive. So many casualties recorded and a great number of people displaced in Eastern Syria because of the unrest. However, tremendous efforts by the Syria government and other partners to shoot the war.

Read the original article here.

To view full news and leave comments you must be logged in. Please join the community